Terms and Privacy
- Terms and Conditions
- Basic Terms and Conditions
- General Conditions
- Reporting Copyright and Other IP Violations
- Limitation of Liability Waiver
- Time Limitation on Claims
- Governing Law & Venue
- Entire Agreement
- Territorial Restrictions
- Information and Data Collection Practices
- Use and Sharing of Information
- Member Choices & Rights
- Security and Compliance
- Website areas Beyond Finding Rover's Control
- Contact Us
- Finding Rover Safe Harbor Policy
- Contact Information
ARBITRATION NOTICE: EXCEPT IF YOU OPT-OUT AND EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN THE ARBITRATION SECTION BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND FINDING ROVER WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
BASIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS Top
- You must be at least 14 years old to use the Service.
- You may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content on the Finding Rover website, the Finding Rover service, or any applications (including mobile applications).
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you agree you will not sell, transfer, license or assign your account, followers, username, or any account rights. With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients, Finding Rover prohibits the creation of and you agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide or provided to Finding Rover upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete.
- You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other Finding Rover members.
- You as a Finding Rover member are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
- You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information on any Finding Rover interface, including but not limited to, non-public phone numbers, social security numbers, credit card numbers, checking account numbers, non-public e-mail or home addresses, or the location or probable whereabouts of any Finding Rover member, or any information that may compromise the safety of a Finding Rover member or their pets.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state, local and provincial) applicable to your use of the Service and your Content (defined below), including but not limited to, copyright laws.
- You as a member of Finding Rover are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, "Content") that you submit, post or display on Finding Rover.
- You must not access Finding Rover's private Application Programming Interface ("API") by means other than those permitted by Finding Rover. Use of Finding Rover's API is subject to a separate set of terms.
- You will not create or submit unwanted email, comments, likes or other forms of commercial or harassing communications (a/k/a "spam") to any Finding Rover members.
- You must not use domain names or web URLs in your username without prior written consent from Finding Rover.
- You must not interfere or disrupt the service or servers or networks connected to the service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject Content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any Finding Rover page is rendered or displayed in a user's browser or device.
- You must not create accounts in Finding Rover through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
GENERAL CONDITIONS Top
- Finding rover reserves the right to modify or terminate your membership or your access to Finding Rover for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you. You can deactivate your Finding Rover account by logging into Finding Rover and delete your membership account. If Finding Rover terminates your access to the Service, your photos, comments, likes, friendships, and all other data will no longer be accessible (e.g., users will not be able to navigate to your username and view your photos or posts, along with your pet information), but those materials and data may persist and appear within Finding Rover (e.g., if your Content has been reshared by others).
- We reserve the right to refuse access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Finding Rover reserves the right to force forfeiture of any member username for any reason.
- You are solely responsible for your interaction with other members of Finding Rover, whether online or offline. You agree that Finding Rover is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any member. Finding Rover reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users.
- There may be links from Finding Rover, or from communications you receive from Finding Rover, to third-party web sites or features. There may also be links to third-party web sites or features in images or comments within Finding Rover. Finding Rover also includes third-party Content that we do not control, maintain or endorse. Functionality on Finding Rover may also permit interactions between Finding Rover and a third-party website or feature, including applications that connect Finding Rover or your profile on Finding Rover with a third-party website or feature. . Finding Rover does not control any of these third-party web services or any of their Content. You expressly acknowledge and agree that Finding Rover is in no way responsible or liable for any such third-party services or features. YOUR CORRESPONDENCE AND BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES FOUND THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY. You may choose, at your sole and absolute discretion and risk, to use applications that connect Finding Rover or your profile on Finding Rover with a third-party service (each, an "Application") and such Application may interact with, connect to or gather and/or pull information from and to your member profile. By using such Applications, you acknowledge and agree to the following: (i) if you use an Application to share information, you are consenting to information about your profile on the Service being shared; (ii) your use of an Application may cause personally identifying information to be publicly disclosed and/or associated with you, even if Finding Rover has not itself provided such information; and (iii) your use of an Application is at your own option and risk, and you will hold the Finding Rover Parties (defined below) harmless for activity related to the Application.
- Finding Rover prohibits crawling, scraping, caching or otherwise accessing any Content on the Service via automated means, including but not limited to, user profiles and photos (except as may be the result of standard search engine protocols or technologies used by a search engine with Finding Rover's express consent).
- In some cases Finding Rover is supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that Finding Rover may place such advertising and promotions on Finding Rover or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
- You acknowledge that we may not always identify paid services, sponsored Content, or commercial communications as such.
- Finding Rover contains content owned or licensed by Finding Rover ("Finding Rover Content"). Finding Rover Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and, as between you and Finding Rover, Finding Rover owns and retains all rights in the Finding Rover Content and Service. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying Finding Rover Content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit the Finding Rover Content.
- While it is Finding Rover's intention for the Service to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when Finding Rover services may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. Also, Finding Rover reserves the right to remove any Content from Finding Rover for any reason, without prior notice. Content removed from Finding Rover may continue to be stored by Finding Rover, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, Finding Rover encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content.
- It is Finding Rover's policy not to accept or consider content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials other than those we have specifically requested and to which certain specific terms, conditions and requirements may apply. This is to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to those we have developed or are developing independently. Accordingly, Finding Rover does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas, and takes no responsibility for any materials or ideas so transmitted. If, despite our policy, you choose to send us content, information, ideas, suggestions, or other materials, you further agree that Finding Rover is free to use any such content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials, for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing and marketing products and services, without any liability or payment of any kind to you.
REPORTING COPYRIGHT AND OTHER IP VIOLATIONS Top
- We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same. If you infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriateDISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FINDING ROVER CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, NEITHER FINDING ROVER NOR ITS PARENT COMPANY NOR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, MANAGERS, OFFICERS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE FINDING ROVER PARTIES") MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE FINDING ROVER CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; OR (D) SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO FINDING ROVER OR VIA THE SERVICE. IN ADDITION, THE FINDING ROVER PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
BY ACCESSING OR USING FINDING ROVER YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
THE FINDING ROVER PARTIES DO NOT ENDORSE CONTENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM ANY CONTENT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY WAIVER Top
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE FINDING ROVER PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES) THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE FINDING ROVER CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; (D) YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE; (E) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY THE FINDING ROVER PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY'S USE OF THE SERVICE; (F) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERS; (G) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE SERVICE'S OPERATION; OR (H) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER'S COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF THE FINDING ROVER PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE SERVICE). IN NO EVENT WILL THE FINDING ROVER PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL THE FINDING ROVER PARTIES TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OR ACTION EXCEED ONE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($100.00).
BY ACCESSING FINDING ROVER, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
FINDING ROVER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
TIME LIMITATION ON CLAIMS Top
You agree that any claim you may have arising out of or related to your relationship with Finding Rover must be filed within twelve months after such claim arose; otherwise, your claim is permanently barred.
GOVERNING LAW & VENUE Top
ENTIRE AGREEMENT Top
TERRITORIAL RESTRICTIONS Top
The information provided within Finding Rover is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject Finding Rover to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. We reserve the right to limit the availability of Finding Rover or any portion of Finding Rover, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, service or other feature that Finding Rover provides.
Effective on: July 20, 2013
Last updated on: July 20, 2013
1.1 ABOUT FINDING ROVER
Finding Rover offers a pet facial recognition technology to help identify lost pets using mobile devices. Finding Rover also provides safety, health, and educational information for pet owners along with products, information and special offers from Finding Rover and our selected business partners.
1.2 PURPOSE OF POLICY
1.3 NOTICE CONCERNING CHILDREN
We do not direct any of our content at, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from, children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site user is under the age of 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
INFORMATION AND DATA COLLECTION PRACTICES Top
2.1 BASIC DATA COLLECTTON
Finding Rover collects personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") that is specifically and voluntarily provided by visitors. Finding Rover is most likely collect personally Personal Information about you in the following instances:
(a) INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE. Finding Rover will collect and store any Personal Information you enter on our mobile applications ("mobile app"), website or provide to us in some other manner. We may collect your information when you register for our services, request information from us, or otherwise submit personal data, in any manner, for the purpose of using or accessing Finding Rover services. Other situations where you may make, or be requested to provide, personal data include, but is not limited to, responding to surveys, assessments, questionnaires, if you ask Finding Rover to resolve a dispute, or if you request information about products and services offered by Finding Rover.
(b) CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, (a) contact information such as your full name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address; (b) financial information, including billing address, social security number, banking information, and credit card information; and (c) profile information, such as interests, marital status, gender, age, household income level, and other identifiers that permit the physical or online contacting of a specific individual.
(c) LOCATION SERVICES. To the extent Finding Rover makes location enabled services available, Finding Rover may collect location information and share it with its partners and contractors for the purpose of providing location-specific services.
(d) INFORMATION FROM OUTSIDE SOURCES. Other entities may collect Personal Information from or about you and provide it to Finding Rover. For example, veterinary clinics, animal shelters, pet stores, retailers, and other entities, may with your approval create a temporary registration for your pet with Finding Rover.
(e) INFORMATION ABOUT OTHERS. Finding Rover will also collect and store Personal Information about other people that you provide to us. For example, if you list someone other than yourself as a point of contact, we will collect and store that information. We will also collect information about your pet, such as name, age, weight, mix, sex, breed, and microchip number.
2.2 WHAT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DOES FINDING ROVER COLLECT
(a) COOKIES AND LOG FILES. Our website and mobile apps will automatically collect information from or about your computer or mobile device when you visit, such as your browser type, the website you came from (known as the referring URL), the time and date of your access, your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, hardware, device identification, and software.
Finding Rover also collects information through cookies and other technologies to help Finding Rover store your interactions. If you have shared Personal Information, such as an e-mail address or username, we will include a portion of this information in a cookie so that Finding Rover can recognize you and remember your selections when you return to our website. Please note that your web browser can be set to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent.
Finding Rover uses standard Internet technology, such as Internet tags (also known as web beacons, action tags, or GIFs) in combination with cookies at our website and on our mobile apps and may deploy these tags through an advertising company. These tags are placed on both online advertisements that bring members to our website and on different pages within our website. Finding Rover uses this technology to measure members' responses to our advertising campaigns (including how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted).
Cookies or internet tags may also be used within certain e-mail communications or in conjunction with such communications sent by us or our business partners for the purpose of tracking whether a promotion was viewed by the e-mail recipient or someone the e-mail was referred to.
USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION Top
3.1 WHAT DOES FINDING ROVER DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION?
(a) USES OF INFORMATION. Finding Rover will use the Personal Information and other information we collect to enroll you or renew your membership in Finding Rover programs and services, fulfill your requests for information, products or services, provide you with product support and answer your questions, manage and provide you with access to your account and our website, analyze use of Finding Rover programs and services, develop new products and services, and customize our products, services and other information we make available, periodically communicate with you about your account and/or about special offers related to the Finding Rover programs and services, and/or enforce the terms and conditions of Finding Rover mobile apps and our website.
(b) DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION. Finding Rover will not sell or rent any Personal Information (including e-mail address) we collect. We may share your information with Finding Rover service providers in order to deliver or advertise the services, products, and information offered by Finding Rover. Finding Rover is not liable for the acts or omissions of these third parties.
These service providers include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Pet facial recognition identification and recovery service that contacts members of lost pets during the facial recognition identification and recovery process,
- The animal shelters, veterinary clinics, and animal welfare organizations that provide care until the lost pet is returned to its owners, and other providers who help us deliver (or provide the technical support for) our services,
- Finding Rover programs and services, including membership, customer communications, call centers, mobile apps and the website.
In addition, we may share your Personal Information with carefully selected business partners so we may communicate with you about special offers related to Finding Rover programs or contests that may be of interest to you. These business partners will only be authorized to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes related to pet products, safety and health, and contests. These companies may include subsidiaries, affiliates, marketing partners, market research companies, advertisers, and data aggregators.
(c) OTHER DISCLOSURES: Finding Rover will disclose your information as required by law and when Finding Rover believes that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us. Also, we will disclose your information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
MEMBER CHOICES & RIGHTS Top
4.1 E-MAIL OFFERS
You as a member have a choice about the receipt of special e-mail offers. Once you register for Finding Rover programs and services, you will be presented at that time with the option to opt-out of receiving promotional emails. Please note that regardless of the choices you make about the receipt of special e-mail offers, we will continue to provide you with service-related e-mail announcements. We also will continue to send you information about special offers and other information relating to Finding Rover by postal mail. This is an essential component of Finding Rover and a condition of your membership.
4.2 OPT-OUT POLICY
You may opt-out of the disclosure of Personal Information to third parties, including information that may be used for their direct marketing purposes. You may opt-out at any time by submitting a request in writing to Finding Rover at the following address: Attn: John Polimeno, PO Box 705, Byron CA 94514.
4.3 ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
SECURITY AND COMPLIANCE Top
WEBSITE AREAS BEYOND FINDING ROVER’S CONTROL Top
6.1 PUBLIC FORUMS
The Site may include interactive forums such as message boards and chat rooms. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information.
6.2 PRIVACY PRACTICES OF OTHER SITES AND ENTITIES:
CONTACT US Top
FINDING ROVER SAFE HARBOR POLICY Top
Finding Rover complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from the European Union member countries and Switzerland. Finding Rover has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles ("Principles") of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. Moreover, Finding Rover fully commits to follow the Safe Harbor Principles and the 15 related FAQs that make up the U.S.-EU and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks with respect to all personal data received from any individual or entity in the EU, the EEA or Switzerland. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Finding Rover's certification, please visit http://export.gov/safeharbor/.
This Safe Harbor Policy ("Policy") outlines our general practices for implementing the Principles, including the types of information we gather, how we use it and the notice and choice affected individuals have regarding our use of and their ability to correct that information.
This Policy applies to all personal information received by Finding Rover in the United States, whether in electronic, paper or verbal format, from the European Economic Area ("EEA") and from Switzerland, in any format, including electronic, paper or verbal.
“Personal Information” or “Information” means information that (1) is transferred from the EU or Switzerland to the United States; (2) is recorded in any form; (3) is about, or pertains to a specific individual; and (4) can be linked to that individual.
“Sensitive Personal Information” means personal information that reveals race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or that concerns an individual’s health.
“Agent” means any third party that collects or uses personal information under the instructions of, and solely for, Finding Rover or to which Finding Rover discloses personal information for use on Finding Rover's behalf.
“Finding Rover” means Finding Rover Inc., its predecessors, successors, subsidiaries, divisions and groups in the United States.
Finding Rover shall inform an individual of the purpose for which it collects and uses the Personal Information and the types of non-agent third parties to which Finding Rover discloses or may disclose that Information. Finding Rover shall provide the individual with the choice and means for limiting the use and disclosure of their Personal Information. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide Personal Information to Finding Rover, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before Finding Rover uses or discloses the Information for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected.
Finding Rover will offer individuals the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether their Personal Information is (1) to be disclosed to a third party or (2) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. For Sensitive Personal Information, Finding Rover will give individuals the opportunity to affirmatively or explicitly (opt out) consent to the disclosure of the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. Finding Rover shall treat Sensitive Personal Information received from an individual the same as the individual would treat and identify it as Sensitive Personal Information.
Prior to disclosing Personal Information to a third party, Finding Rover shall notify the individual of such disclosure and allow the individual the choice (opt out) of such disclosure. Finding Rover shall ensure that any third party for which Personal Information may be disclosed subscribes to the Principles or are subject to law providing the same level of privacy protection as is required by the Principles and agree in writing to provide an adequate level of privacy protection.
Finding Rover shall take reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Finding Rover has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. Finding Rover cannot guarantee the security of Information on or transmitted via the Internet.
Finding Rover shall only process Personal Information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for those purposes, Finding Rover shall take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
Finding Rover shall allow an individual access to their Personal Information and allow the individual to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the case in question or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated.
INFORMATION SUBJECT TO OTHER POLICIES Top
CONTACT INFORMATION Top
Questions, comments or complaints regarding the Finding Rover’s Safe Harbor Policy or data collection and processing practices can be mailed or emailed to:
Attn: John Polimeno
PO Box 705
Byron CA 94514
Effective date: July 1, 2013