Being a dog owner can be frustrating and messy at times, so we've put our heads together and compiled some of our favorite tips for dog owners in today's post. Make the logistics of owning a dog efficient and easy so you can spend more time on the important parts—snuggling and playing!
1. Is your pooch giving you a hard time when you try to brush her teeth? Here's an easy workaround: cover a Nylabone in enzymatic dog toothpaste (I usually go for the chicken or peanut butter flavors) and give it to your dog—they'll think it's a treat/toy in one and happily chomp down on it, all the while cleaning their own teeth!
2. If you're like me, you associate getting your morning coffee with fumbling around with the leash, trying to unclip, loop, and reclip your dog to the lamp post every morning. One new trick I love is using a carabiner to leash my dog around any post instead. All you need to do is get a standard carabiner (no, not the ones you get on key chains—go to REI and get the cheapest climbing carabiner you can find—those will really hold your dog if they try to bolt) and clip it to the leash loop, then clip the leash to the carabiner when you need to tie them around a post. Quick and easy!
3. The next time your dog pees on the carpet, throw some baking soda on it. The baking soda will absorb the urine, allowing you to easily sweep it off the carpet and get rid of the odor.
4. My dog and I spend a lot of time outdoors, and one downside to this is ticks. Whenever my dog gets ticks now, I apply a dollop of soap onto the tick, then after a few seconds, it'll come out on its own and I can wipe it off with a paper towel.
5. Need to get tons of dog hair out of your carpet? Grab a squeegee and run it over your carpet (just pretend you're cleaning your car window) and the hair will come right out!